Ability Bus Service
Ability Community Bus Service
Many people living in rural areas feel isolated for many reasons what may include limited access to transport. Many parishes have suffered reduced bus route or even routes that have been cancelled altogether. Ability can help these people. We are a community bus that is open to all.
To explain a little further we are a community led ‘not for profit’ organisation that was formed in 2018. We have seven 16 seater buses and cover over 45 different parishes.
Our professional body is the Community Transport Association and we work in conjunction with the Highways department of West Northamptonshire Council and the Traffic Commissioner.
Our service works slightly different to a typical bus service -
- passengers are required to preregister
- passengers call to book their journey
- we offer a plus service – picking people up close to home
- Concessionary Bus Passes accepted
- Anyone can use the service (standard fare applies)
For more information and to register, please visit the Ability website: https://abilitycic.org.uk/BACK